Chocolate Coconut Pudding
July 9th, 2018 | 1 minute to read
When I was living in China, I used to hang out with a French lady with two kids, who usually returned home from school at 3:00pm, and they would demand their “goûter” — the afternoon snack for French children. The simplest and most popular one is baguette and nutella, though if my French friend had time, she would make something special for them and I also got to taste some of those with them.
I remember one time she made a delicious chocolate pudding, which I enjoyed very much. The original recipe wasn't vegan but vegetarian, so I decided to veganize it and enjoy it just the same. The result was different of course, but equally delicious. I reduced the sugar to make it more suitable for an adult palate and I am happy that I can enjoy my goûter again. 🙂
Kitchen Gadgets: Saucepan
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut milk
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2-3 tbsp sugar
- Sift cocoa powder and cornstarch, mix well
- Pour coconut milk into a saucepan, add the powder and sugar batch by batch, use a whisk to mix well
- Turn on low heat, stir and mix gently until it starts to thicken, about 5 mins
- Pour the pudding into cups, let it cool then place it in the fridge for an hour. If you can’t wait, you can also eat it now.