Honeybee Gardens Truly Natural Lipsticks Swatches And Review
November 23rd, 2017 | 4 minutes to read
Honeybee Gardens is a brand that offers good things – natural, organic, vegan and cruelty-free at an affordable price. I wonder why I haven’t tried them sooner. Perhaps I thought their products feature honey and beewax, which are vegetarian but not vegan, and I prioritize vegan products when it comes to my “to try list”. Don’t be fooled by that…it’s just a cute name. 😉
Another good thing I like about them is that they have inexpensive samples. We all have those experiences: we ordered stuff online, then found the shades don’t look like the picture we saw earlier, or they just don’t suit us, then we ended up stuck with it for a while, trying to use it up, or had to throw it away unless we found someone who wants it.
In this post I will test all the lipstick colors they have. I personally found the description is a bit confusing so I will categorize them into two major groups. If you want something mild to wear, choose from pink, coral and neutral group. If you want something bold and daring to wear, choose from the red group. I usually keep one or two from each, I use neutral shades as everyday color, and use red for special occasions, or I need a bit color when I wear all dark in winter.
First I will swatch them on the white paper. This is just to get a basic understanding of the colors. As you can see later, they don’t appear as they are on the lips because the base/original color of our lips are all different. For mine, the Paradise shade is the closest, so when I wear that shade it doesn’t change much except to add some shimmer on my lips.
The above image comes from Honeybee Gardens official website.
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil _, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax _, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter _, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Leaf _, Propanediol, Phenethyl Alcohol, Undecyl Alcohol, Tocopherol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Iron Oxide (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499, CI 45410). * = certified organic ingredients
VEGAN. NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS. NATURAL. ORGANIC.
In pink, coral and neutral shades, I personally like Bombshell, Thoroughbred, Cherokee and Seduction. In red shades, I personally like Romance, Desire, Vintage Merlot and Goddess. Although occasionally I might want to wear Masquerade, haha. It’s such a nice color for gothic look and I can’t help it, even though I seldom wear gothic makeup and outfit nowadays.
Some shades tend to be a bit dry, especially those with heavy shimmer such as Burlesque, I’m not sure whether this only happens to sample, or the texture of the whole lipstick is also like that. But overall, I found the texture easy to apply and they smells nice. From what I’ve tried, some colors have strong staying power, which might tint your lips a bit, so be sure to use proper lip color remover (or oil cleanser) to clean your lips.
The package is nice in silver design. It’s simple and elegant.
Use within 12 months after opening.
According to their official website:
Price per item ( 3.8 g): 13.99 USD | 10.56 GBP | 11.92 EUR | 18.53 AUD | 118.63 SEK | 92.83 RMB
Price per gram : 3.68 USD | 2.79 GBP | 3.14 EUR | 4.88 AUD | 31.22 SEK | 24.43 RMB
Pink, Coral, Neutral Shades:
- Valentine – true medium pink, matt
- Heirloom – neutral mauve pink, matt, slightly more muted and warmer than Valentine
- Paradise – neutral pink with warm brownish tone, slight shimmer, this one is closest to the original color of my lips
- San Francisco – rosy pink with coral tone, shimmer
- Dream – neutral rosy red, shimmer
- Bermuda – medium coral pink, matt
- South Beach – bright coral with reddish orange tone, matt
- Bombshell – coral red with pink tone, slight shimmer, almost matt
- Thoroughbred – coral red with brown tone, matt
- Cherokee – neutral red with brownish tone, matt
- Seduction – neutral mauve rose, matt
- Burlesque – medium raspberry with warm pink tone, shimmer
- Tuscany – medium red rose, shimmer
- Romance – neutral red, matt
- Desire – bright red with warm tone, matt
- Vintage Merlot – deep bright cherry red, matt, similar color to Desire, but more red tone and brighter
- Goddess – medium berry with wine tone, matt
- Queen Bee – vibrant red with neon effect, matt
- Risque – a vibrant wine red, matt
- Masquerade – deep burgundy, matt, the “vamp” color