YOGURT BREAD WITH NUTS AND SEEDS
March 19th, 2018 | 2 minutes to read
Today I decided to bake a dense bread with nuts and seeds. Usually quick breads taste better on the second day, but I know I will be too eager to eat it, so I scheduled the baking time in the evening. After baking I go to bed, and then the next morning I will have my bread ready for breakfast. 😉 This is a very versatile bread that goes well with either sweet jam or savory spreads, and I especially enjoy it when I toast the slices again so they become crispy and crunchy.
Kitchen Gadgets: Oven
- 3½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp wheat germ
- 1 tbsp wheat bran
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup pecans
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup cashews
- ¾ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¾ cup and 2 tbsp soy yogurt
- 1¼ cups soy milk
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp of mixed sunflower seeds, and black and white sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F).
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, wheat bran and wheat germ, salt, baking soda and baking powder, then add the nuts and seeds, (you don’t have to chop them). Mix well.
- In another bowl, mix the stevia powder, soy yogurt, soy milk and oil together, using a wired whisk.
- Add the wet mixture into the dry, and then use a spatula to lightly incorporate them, using a folding method. Never mix vigorously otherwise you would end up with rubber-like, hard-to-bite bread.
- Sprinkle the sunflower seeds and black and white sesame seeds on the top of the batter.
- Bake for one hour. It’s done when an inserted toothpick comes out clean or with dried crumbs on it.