Quinoa Salad With Nuts And Asian Dressing
August 31st, 2017 | 1 minute to read
When the weather is hot, I really crave a cold salad. Some people think salads contain no protein. However, this is not true. Firstly, in most vegetables, there are some proteins inside. Secondly, salads don’t have to be just lettuce and tomato, they could be created with grain and nuts as well. For instance, quinoa is a super grain that proudly presents a complete protein profile and also contains lots of valuable minerals and vitamins. It has been one of my favorite staple foods since I was first introduced to it. It is also an ideal source for nutrition after a workout, as it contains lysine, which is an essential amino acid that helps with growing and repairing body tissues. With extra nuts and seeds, this is a yummy dish to have during summer days. 😉
Kitchen Gadgets: None
- 1 head of lettuce
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- ½ green pepper
- 3 tbsp cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- ½ tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 cup prepared quinoa
- Salad Dressing:
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp paprika
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Wash the vegetables, shred the lettuce and pepper, slice the tomatoes.
- Add the nuts, seeds and the grain and mix well.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the salad dressing ingredients.
- Pour onto the salad, mix well and enjoy!