Urtekram Body Lotion Review
February 15th, 2019 | 2 minutes to read
We’ve been buying Urtekram food products for years, as they have nice organic nuts, dried fruits and gluten-free flours etc. So when I discovered the Urtekram organic skin care product lines, I immediately wanted to try them. At that point I happened to want to change my body lotion, and Urtekram has so many different flavors so I basically tried all of them except the one without perfume. They’re easy to purchase locally, either in store or online.
All the lotion are white or creamy white color.
Based on the lavender one: Aqua, olea europaea fruit oil, butyrospermum parkii butter, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, glycerin, polyglyceryl-3 dicitrate/stearate, zea mays starch, coco-caprylate, glyceryl stearate se, prunus armeniaca kernel oil, glyceryl caprylate, lactobacillus ferment, simmondsia chinensis seed oil, lavandula angustifolia flower extract, salix purpurea bark extract, lavandula hybrida oil, rosmarinus officinalis leaf oil, lavandula angustifolia oil, eucalyptus globulus leaf oil, chamomilla recutita oil, cetyl alcohol, xanthan gum, magnolia officinalis bark extract, tocopherol, beta-sitosterol, squalene, sodium hyaluronate, hexapeptide-11, parfum, limonene, linalool.
VEGAN. NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS. NATURAL. ORGANIC.
Different flavors have different ingredients, however they’re more or less organic and natural like this one. They might vary in their consistency due to the function, or smell differently due to the theme.
All of the lotion are super great! The texture is easy to smear and absorb well.
- Aloe Vera – to my surprise it has a refreshing smell, unlike the other natural aloe vera products I’ve used before, which tend to have this sourish smell from the plant which I am reluctant to put on my skin. I like this one better and I think it’s a wonderful lotion for spring/summer.
- Nordic Birch – mild fragrance, suited for dry skin. I also like the day cream of the same flavor.
- Purple Lavender – as a fan of lavender this one is one of my favorites. It has a rich natural lavender smell that you will like if you’re used to the essential oil. A soothing lotion to help you sleep better.
- Rose – definitely for fan of rose, particularly geranium as it smells strongly like geranium essential oil than any commercial “rose” scent you normally get.
- Nordic Berries – another great one for the dry skin. Sea Buckthorn, Blueberry, Cranberry and Rosehip toegther help moisturizing your skin.
- Coconut – rich, creamy and sweet coconut, you will smell like a coconut candy. A great one for foodies, although I found this one not enough for Nordic winter, perhaps great for spring/fall or people without normal skin.
- Morning Haze – this one has a different package which feels a bit more “luxurious” than others. It has a flowery fragrance and is enriched with cloudberry, eldberry and cranberry that helps your skin regenerate and stay hydrated.
All the lotion are bottled in a semi-transparent plastic bottle, which is easy to pump out and to track the usage. At the end of the using, I usually invert the bottle over a glass jar overnight, then the remaining lotion will come out nicely.
Use within 6 months after opening.
According to local pharmacy website, price can vary though:
Price per item ( 245ml ): 5.38 USD | 4.20 GBP | 4.77 EUR | 7.58 AUD | 50 SEK | 36.45 RMB
Price per 100 ml: 2.20 USD | 1.71 GBP | 1.95 EUR | 3.09 AUD | 20.41 SEK | 14.88 RMB