BLUEBERRY AND BERRY JAM MUFFIN
February 18th, 2019 | 1 minute to read
This muffin is for berry lovers. It’s rather nutrient-densed: fiber from the bran and flax seeds, protein from soy yogurt, flour and wheat germ, anti-oxidant power from the lovely berries. I love to bake a bath and eat them either for breakfast or as afternoon snack. Muffins are usually not very sweet, which makes the jam in the middle particularly nice, as it adds a bit fabulous sweetness in a moderate way. After all, it’s jam, and jam still contains half fruit, heehee!
Kitchen Gadgets: Oven
- 1¾ cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- ¼ cup wheat bran
- 1 tbsp wheat germ
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup soy yogurt
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- ¼ cup organic soy milk
- ½ cup dried blueberries
- ¼ cup organic raspberry and blueberry jam
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F). Soak the dried blueberries in a bowl.
- Into a big bowl, sift the flour, baking power and baking soda, add the wheat bran, wheat germ, flax seeds and sugar, and mix well.
- Dig a well in the center, add the yogurt, oil and soy milk, and use a whisk to mix well, don’t beat, then add soaked blueberries.
- Scoop 1 tbsp batter and add it to the muffin cup, add a bit more to fill half of the cup, then scoop 1 tsp of jam and drop it in the middle of the batter, fill the rest of cup full.
- Bake for 25 minutes, it’s done when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.