This muffin is for berry lovers. It’s rather nutrient-densed: fiber from the bran and flax seeds, protein from soy yogurt, flour and wheat germ, anti-oxidant power from the lovely berries. I love to bake a bath and eat them either for breakfast or as afternoon snack. Muffins are usually not very sweet, which makes the jam in the middle particularly nice, as it adds a bit fabulous sweetness in a moderate way. After all, it’s jam, and jam still contains half fruit, heehee!
Kitchen Gadgets: Oven
1¾ cup whole-wheat pastry flour
¼ cup wheat bran
1 tbsp wheat germ
1 tbsp flax seeds
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ cup sugar
1 cup soy yogurt
2 tbsp canola oil
¼ cup organic soy milk
½ cup dried blueberries
¼ cup organic raspberry and blueberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F). Soak the dried blueberries in a bowl.
2. Into a big bowl, sift the flour, baking power and baking soda, add the wheat bran, wheat germ, flax seeds and sugar, and mix well.
3. Dig a well in the center, add the yogurt, oil and soy milk, and use a whisk to mix well, don’t beat, then add soaked blueberries.
4. Scoop 1 tbsp batter and add it to the muffin cup, add a bit more to fill half of the cup, then scoop 1 tsp of jam and drop it in the middle of the batter, fill the rest of cup full.
5. Bake for 25 minutes, it’s done when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.