Corn With Pine Nuts
October 23rd, 2017 | 1 minute to read
Corn with pine nuts (松仁玉米) is a common Chinese dish. It is known as a "ladies’ dish", because among the heavy meat and fish dishes in the northern part of China, this one is light yet nutritious, as a result ladies don’t have to worry too much about the extra calories. This dish can be ordered in ordinary non-vegan or vegetarian restaurant, and I actually didn't quite see it often in vegan or vegetarian restaurants in China.
I normally cook with fresh ingredients, but raw corn kernels don’t work well in this dish. If you want to use fresh corn, lightly steam or boil it for some time, and it's ready to be used. Otherwise, the ordinary frozen or canned sweet corn kernels work perfect for it. It's easy to make and serves as a prefect side dish.
Kitchen Gadgets: Frying Pan
- 1½ cup frozen corn
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- ½ green pepper
- 1 or 2 green onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Chop the green pepper and green onions, set aside. Lightly toast the pine nuts in the pan, stir so it doesn’t get burnt.
- Heat the stainless steel frying pan for 1-2 minutes, lower the heat to medium, add 1 tbsp olive oil, turn the pan and let the oil coat the pan.
- Add green pepper and green onion, fry for 2 minutes.
- Add corn and continue to fry for 2 minutes.
- Add pine nuts and fry for 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat and add the salt, mix well and serve!