Basic Oil Facial Cleanser
January 15th, 2016 | 1 minute to read
A few years ago, when I started to search a simple and effective facial cleanser that does a good cleaning job without leaving my face dry and tight, my friend Jane mentioned oil cleaning method to me. Back then I thought it was a bit gross. Although with a curious mind, I decided to dig more into it.
The best site I read is The Oil Cleansing Method. I totally recommend a thorough reading before you try. Remember that everybody has different skin, some oils might work for someone but not for another. It's better that you take basic recipe and adjust to your needs. Your skin might also change due to the season, hormones, and aging, so your products don't necessarily need to remain the same. The fun about DIY is that we can do the best to accommodate our own needs.
Basic oil facial cleanser
- 10ml castor oil
- 40ml extra virgin olive oil
- 10 drops lavender oil
- 10 drops t-tree oil
- Mix all the oil in your favorite dark bottle and shake really well. I recommend a bottle with a pump lid so it doesn't get messy when you use it.
- Wash your face in hot water. Obtain ½ tsp cleanser oil in the center of your palm and apply to your face evenly, rub it gently in circles.
- Rinse your face in hot running water, rub the skin gently in circles.
- Dab dry your face with clean towel and apply facial oil or moisturizer as soon as you can. If you live in humid weather, maybe you can even omit that as your face would be hydrated enough.