Hurraw! Lip Balms
November 16th, 2017 | 3 minutes to read
Hurraw! lip balms have always been my favorites. They’re definitely a must-need in the cold and dry winter season.
Most of Hurraw! lip balms are colorless, with one tinted option.
Alkanna tinctoria (alkanet) infused *prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, *euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, ** cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, * simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, ** theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, _ ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, _ olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, tocopherols (vitamin E) *Cold pressed / organic ** Raw & organic ***Wildcrafted
VEGAN. NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS. NATURAL. ORGANIC.
Hurraw! balms’ ingredients list is awesome to read. They’re natural, organic, and cold-pressed oils or fat mostly, something that soothes your skin, provides extra care and repair, and something you don’t need worry about when swallowing.
So far I’ve been using several Hurraw lip balms. They last pretty long so you might need only 2-3 tubes per year even if you use them every day (including evening). I will briefly comment on several ones I’ve used so far.
- Coconut – it is my personal favorite since it is quite authentic and natural. All coconut fan must try this!
- Lime – like most citrus oil it evaporates fairly quickly after opening. The first few uses are cool and nice, especially in summer, but it unfortunately wears off soon. I guess you just have to accept the fact that natural citrus oil doesn’t stay long.
- Tinted Black Cherry – this is the only tinted Hurraw lip balm but the color is very very mild and transparent. The flavor, however, doesn’t taste much like cherry, but more like almond in my opinion. If you need a tiny hint of color on your lips you can choose this, but don’t expect it to act like any lipsticks. 😉
- Chocolate – I’m slightly disappointed at this one as it smells more like coffee beans. However it is also good if you like coffee, but if you expect chocolate this might not be the right choice. I have to emphasize that chocolate flavor doesn’t easily come natural, if you really want that as flavor (but not chocolate itself) you might have to accept that it’s mostly synthetic.
- Sun Protection SPF 15 Tangerine Chamomile – it’s very nice and natural flavor itself, but this one leaves a white layer on your lips so they will appear a bit paler. So unless you desperately need sun protection for your lips, such as in the high mountains or hot beaches, and you certainly don’t care about your looks, I can recommend this one.
The texture of Hurraw! lip balms is the softest I’ve tried so far. This might also be a problem in extremely hot weather as they will melt more quickly. So be careful not to expose them in direct heat or sun, such as leaving them in your car where sun shines directly. I usually store it in a small cloth bag in my bag when I go out.
Overall I like Hurraw! lip balms and would love to try other flavors in the future.
Unlike ordinary lip balms those come in oval shapes. Some people say they’re not used to it, I find it quite handy and easy to smear on the lips, even better than the round ones. It works especially well if you have thin lips like mine.
Use within 12 months after opening.
According to their official website: (4.29 USD for certain new flavors or special care, but most cost 3.79 USD)
Price per item ( 4.3 g): 3.79 USD | 2.87 GBP | 3.22 EUR | 4.99 AUD | 31.87 SEK | 25.13 RMB
Price per gram : 0.88 USD | 0.67 GBP | 0.75 EUR | 1.16 AUD | 7.41 SEK | 5.84 RMB