BAKED POTATOES WITH VEGGIES
February 26th, 2018 | 1 minute to read
This is a one-pot dish that I often cook in winter when I only cook for myself. It’s super easy to prepare, then you are free to do other things once you pop it into the oven in the next 30 minutes or so, after that you can start enjoying it! The delicious aroma will fill up the room, which is so cozy and hearty for a winter evening!
I found the long and thin eggplant and loose green cauliflower from China give a better looking to the finish, so if you can find those in your Asian market, use them! I prefer to use fresh vegetables to cook this dish, as they can be a bit crispy to taste. I am not sure deep frozen ones work that well.
Kitchen Gadgets: Oven, Pot
- ¼ of a big red onion
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 big florets from cauliflower
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 long eggplant
- 2 squares of white dried tofu
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp Sichuan pepper
- ¼ tsp or just a pinch of chili pepper
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C (428 °F).
- Wash all the veggies, brush the surface clean but don’t peel it.
- Slice the onion, cube the potato, cut the florets to small pieces, cut the carrot and eggplant diagonally, cut the dried tofu into small triangles.
- Pour all the ingredients into the pot. Add oil, salt and the other spices. Put on the lid then shake vigorously to make everything evenly coated with oil and seasonings.
- Bake for 30 mins. Enjoy!