Eco-Dent Vegan Dental Floss Review
February 5th, 2016 | 1 minute to read
Since I eat vegan diet, I try to apply the principle to my life as much as possible. Dental floss might seem totally vegan on the surface, but there is a chance the waxed type is made of bee-wax, which makes it not vegan. After some research, I found a vegan dental floss: Eco-Dent Veganfloss Premium Dental Floss Cinnamon.
Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, cinnamomum cassia leaf oil, anethole, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) oil, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) oil, illicium verum (anise) oil, pelargonium graveolens flower oil, citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot) fruit oil, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, ocimum basilicum (basil) oil,rose flower oil.
Here are the pros and cons I would like to share:
- eco-friendly paper packing (although you have to be careful opening it, don't destroy the package accidentally as it is supposed to be your dental floss container!)
- available in mint-alternative flavor (I love cinnamon better!)
- natural ingredients, made of candelilla wax, rice bran wax and lots of essential oils
- occasionally thread gets stuck between the teeth
- the paper package might get soaked with water and rendered unusable
- the paper package is easily smashed in toiletries bag
So I guess the solution is that you might need a small plastic box to protect your dental floss package from getting wet or smashed. But in all it's a good product that I enjoy using daily.